What Can I Expect at My First Visit?
At Desert Valley Dentistry, we strive to make every visit to our office as streamlined and stress-free as possible, but especially at your first one, where we get to know each other and establish the trust and understanding that makes for a positive long-term relationship.
We value the time we’ll have to get to know you, along with your needs and goals for your oral and whole body health alike.
So please arrive 15 minutes early for this first appointment, with your driver’s license and insurance card in hand so you’ll have plenty of time to fill out your new patient forms.
If you like, you can even download them yourself to complete at your leisure and bring with you.
For adults, we reserve 90 minutes for a complete exam; for children, less. As long as the child is comfortable, the appointment includes time to get acquainted, and a complete exam and cleaning.
The adult exam includes
- A tour of our state-of-the-art office.
- A complete review of your health history. (The more detail you can include, the better!)
- Digital x-rays as needed.
- A 3D cone beam (CBCT) scan.
- Photographs of your mouth and head.
- Oral cancer screening with OralID technology.
- A comprehensive oral evaluation.
- A hygiene evaluation.
- Evaluation of root canal candidate teeth or existing root canals.
- Radiographic evaluation of osteonecrotic jawbone lesions (cavitations).
- A TMJ evaluation.
- An airway evaluation.
If possible – depending on the current state of your oral health – we will also fully clean your teeth. (For some patients, a second appointment for just the cleaning may be advised.)
Once we’re done, the doctor will walk you through his findings and work closely with you to create a treatment plan designed to meet your unique oral health goals.
Learn More About Being a Patient at Desert Valley Dentistry